Job ID: 2011144
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 6, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
Senior Software Engineer: Position Description
SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions using cloud services, including AWS. You will work with data scientists and other software developers to design, develop, and implement solutions to meet customer needs. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced development environment to solve challenging problems.
· Participate in full software development lifecycle – creation of user stories; software design, development, and testing; and operational support.
· Advise on major architectural decisions, and help to review code and implementations.
· Understand customer requirements and translate them into technical solutions, including documentation and architecture diagrams.
· Lead development of software solution leveraging AWS cloud services and multiple frameworks and security systems.
· Provide Subject Matter Expertise and input on software products and development decisions, taking into account data storage, network, security, computational resources, and other considerations specific to the applicable use cases.
· Communicate effectively with audiences of multiple technical and non-technical backgrounds.
· Work with other team members and data scientists to effectively showcase developed analytics.
· Active/current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
· Familiarity with Authority To Operate (ATO) processes and procedures.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability