Job ID: 2010942
Location: HERNDON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Bus Solutions Eng
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented MariaDB DBA to join our team in Herndon, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC and CBP.
The candidate will work as a member of development team focused on MariaDB database administration (DBA). The candidate will design, install, implement, manage, and maintain MariaDB databases supporting enterprise modernization initiatives.
• Install, configure, implement, and administrator MariaDB instances in clustered and non-clustered environments.
• Conduct database capacity planning
• Ensure performance, security and availability of databases.
• Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Collaborate with technical and business teams to identify and document data model and application requirements
• Collaborate and work with other platform/teams such Unix/Linux, Splunk, F5/Firewall, Amazon Cloud Migration for resource allocation, integration, and service consumption
• Design and containerize MariaDB utilization Redhat Docker
• Project/Development DBA experience with ability to work with Development team on DB architecture and design
• Strong proficiency in MySQL database management in Linux
• Strong Scripting skills – example Ansible
• Strong command of structured query languages (T-SQL, ANSI-SQL)
• Strong command administering database security, data recovery, performance monitoring and tuning
• Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
• Experience with recent versions of MySQL
• Experience with replication and cluster configuration in MySQL
• Knowledge of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
• Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
• Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler, plugins etc.
• Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex technical problems
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Familiarity with other databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.
• Experience with other DevOps or automation tools (GIT/SVN, Jenkins, etc.)
• Previous programming experience
• Experience with web services and integration development
• Agile software development experience preferable Scrum
• Experience with data-centric cloud services (Azure or AWS)
• Containerization utilizing Docker
• Concept of Identity and Access Management
Experience and Education:
• BS degree and 5(+) years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Clearance - Must have a obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work.
• Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen - Required
• Herndon VA
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability