Job ID: 2010887
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Position is located in Virginia Beach, VA
Candidate will document a system from an IA perspective using Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio and other appropriate tools. Debug and reverse engineer software. Analyze Windows Events and Linux syslog’s, boot logs and dmesg logs. Program and debug Web 2.0, Java, Perl, Ada, C++, Tool Command Language (tcl/tk) scripts and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) using Microsoft Visual tcl and Rational ClearCase for software configuration management. Understand how to implement NSA approved encryption technologies and devices.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BS and 5 years experience. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
Candidate must have five (5) years of full-time professional experience in Network Engineering executing activities such as the design, implementation, installation, configuration, maintenance, and integration, and analysis of local or enterprise wireless and wired computer networks, to include the selection and configuration of networking devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls. Four (4) years of full-time professional experience in Network Security to include the design, implementation,
configuration, and enforcement of security controls on network, hardware, and software
components and devices.
Provide solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of expertise and creativity. Problems are broadly defined and solutions require the continuation of specialized theories and knowledge
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one or more technologies/skills related to A&A activities
• Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
• Actively participate in working group meetings to identify, plan, and execute strategies in response to emerging cybersecurity/RMF policies
• Attend and participate in regular A&A status meetings to facilitate progress and address potential issues of RMF system efforts
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of evolving security and risk management standards and communicate and apply relevant changes to existing processes
Day-to-day tasks are contingent on related experience and assigned role, and may include the following:
• Develop, update, and/or review RMF documentation to include Security Plans, Implementation Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Risk Assessment Reports
• Assess system compliance against NIST, DoD, and NAVSEA security requirements to include the NIST 800-53 controls and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
• Produce evidence as necessary to support compliance status of NIST, DoD, and NAVSEA security requirements
• Work with system administrators, engineers, and developers to create or update system/site policies, procedures, and process guides
• Coordinate with other system SMEs to identify and develop authorization boundary diagrams, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
• Conduct regular vulnerability scans of information systems and assist in remediation tasks
• Submit weekly reports to leadership regarding system/program status
Understanding of computer security, military system specifications, DoD IA policies for either Land Based and afloat/tactical systems, and the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations.
CISSP Certification is desired.
TS Clearance required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability