SAIC is currently looking to hire Sr. Java/Android Software Developers to work on the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Ground Control Station Version 4 (UASGCS-V4) project located in Huntsville, Alabama (Redstone Arsenal).
The Unmanned Aircraft Systems Ground Control Station - Version 4 (UASGCS-V4) is to replace the current UASGCS Version 3 software to address obsolescence issues.
The key principles of this effort are to provide a common software solution that:
- Meets UASGCS requirements for the Tactical Unmanned Aircraft System (TUAS) with RQ-7BV2 Shadow Unmanned Aircraft, and Extended Range Multi-Purpose Unmanned Aircraft System (ERMP UAS) with Mq-1C Great Eagle Unmanned Aircraft
- Maximizes the use of existing UAS, Army, Department of Defense (DoD), and commercially available software
- Provides government purpose data rights on any software developed
- Develops the software obsolescence solution in accordance with (IAW) the Future Airborne Capability Environment Version 3.0 (FACE™ 3.0) and leveraging Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Control Segment Version 3.4 (UCS 3.4)
- Implements technical interface capabilities in compliance with the Family of System Block 2 Interoperability Profiles (IOP).
The UASGCS-V4 shall serve as an enabling technology for reduced restrictions for flight in the national airspace and serve as cornerstone on the path to full Level 1 Airworthiness qualification.
Candidates will be expected to work in a small team, agile environment, to design, implement and test SW components through the entire SW lifecycle.
- Candidates will be expected to break up larger SW modules into smaller, incrementally delivered components on tasks that have been assigned to them.
- Candidates will be required to create and present design documentation, as well as participate in design reviews for SW modules assigned to their team.
- Candidates will be expected to participate in peer reviews of other teammates SW implementation and design (e.g. code reviews).
- Candidates will be expected to develop unit test strategies on components they have been assigned.
- Candidates will be expected to test developed SW in a lab environment with actual fielded hardware.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience; years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
Clearance Requirement: MUST have ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance
- Java development exp
- C++ development exp
- JUnit Testing Framework
- Javadoc SW documentation constructs
- Linux OS (RHEL) experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability