Software Assurance Engineer
Job ID: 2010784
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Subcategory: SW Systems Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
is seeking a Software Assurance (SwA) Engineer who will serve as a software
assurance SME providing support to the Resilient Systems Directorate in Office
of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (USD(R&E)). The
perfect candidate will have software engineering expertise with a focus on SwA
and Cyber; worked on one or more DoD weapon systems; and understand OSD or
Service level policy and guidance for modern software development and program
- Support DoD SwA field advancement
through policy, standards and guidance products development and active
participation in appropriate technical working groups, Community of Practice
(CoP) groups, seminars, meetings and conferences, as needed.
- Support DoD weapon systems Independent
Technical Risk Assessments (ITRA) by providing SwA-focused evaluation of
secure software planning, design, development and other related activities.
Perform tasks as a SwA Subject Matter Expert (SME), including providing
support in recommending software assurance and systems security engineering
best practices, remediation measures, implementation measures.
- Develop, review and promulgate SwA
policy, guidance, education and training, standards, and engineering methods
and tools and support DoD workforce development activities.
- Prepare executive level decision briefs, develop
courses of action for short- and long-range implementation and administration of
strategic objectives. Perform important professional engineering work that
relates to directing, coordinating, and managing highly complex and innovative
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering
or related field
- At least ten years of experience conducting SwA-related activities
through the software development life cycle supporting the DoD or related
- Experience with software engineering within diverse modern software
development methodologies (DevSecOps, Agile, CI/CD pipeline).
- Knowledge of cyber security-related engineering activities including
attack modeling and vulnerability scoring.
- Knowledge of secure coding standards, software and cybersecurity best
- Knowledge in areas of identifying, prioritizing, and mitigating
software weaknesses and vulnerabilities by employing appropriate automated
analysis tools during the entire lifecycle of the system, including
development, testing, operations, sustainment, and retirement.
- Knowledge of theories, precepts, and principles of software engineering
and related sciences to plan, organize, and execute assigned DoD weapon
systems programs involving the computer and related hardware and software of
real-time and embedded systems.
- Ability to develop, prepare, coordinate, staff, and implement policies,
procedures, programs, and directives.
- Experience in preparing, coordinating,
and presenting briefings
- Strong written and verbal
- Active Secret, able to obtain TS/SCI
- Advanced degree(s) in Engineering or
related technical field
- Experience conducting or participating in software risk assessment for
DoD weapon systems
- Experience in creation, deployment, and maintenance of cloud
infrastructure, automated CI/CD pipeline, and container orchestration
- Knowledge of DoD Program Protection and Critical Technology Protection
planning, design, and execution.
- Knowledge of DoD service
component missions and relationships with the Military Departments, Defense
Agencie,s and other Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) components.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DoD
organizational structure and budgeting process, OSD inter-office
coordination, and communication protocols.
- Ability to communicate, build and maintain relationships across organizations.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability