Job ID: 2010823
Location: COLUMBIA, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: The SE6 will provide system engineering integration and deployment services to the Azure Cloud Services PMO in support of the Office 365 effort. The SE will be responsible for coordinating engineering activities to ready the agency for the adoption of the Azure Cloud.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
· Assist in the architecture development, SE planning, Process engineering, and dependency/interface planning for the Azure Cloud deployment efforts
· Oversee the integration of the hardware / software architecture, processes, and plans for the implementation of the functional Azure Cloud, providing infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and software as a Service (SaaS)
· Provide SE services to include process development, integration and test (I&T), architecture, dependency and interface identification, and risk management
· Create architectural specifications to enable to integration and migration of data and storage clouds
· Coordinate engineering services and integration activities with development engineers and software engineers working in a variety of software languages
· Provide systems administration services to include operating systems and networking activities to enable the deployment, operation, and maintenance of user-facing services and associated development environments
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.