SAIC is seeking a candidate to provide engineering and operational support for NASA’s Credential Management systems, as a part of the Identity, Credential and Access Management capabilities. This support will require vendored software installment, server software management, custom configuration, testing end-to-end services and monitoring operational stability. These systems (CMS, BioSP, BMS and the related peripherals) work in a highly integrated environment.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and support purchasing efforts
- Create and/or maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for modified and new systems
- See potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility
- Monitor and test performance of applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions
- Conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- This person will be required to sit onsite at MSFC due to lab access.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Proven working experience including installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Linux based environments
- Experience with Windows 10 Desktop Configuration and support as related peripheral support (Cameras, card readers, ….)
- Experience supporting application hosted on Windows IIS
- Experience with data mining/analysis in Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Apache Tomcat Connectors and James Mail
- Familiarity with PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) and HSM (Hardware Security Module) configuration as related to certificate management
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Ability to complete a US Government Tier 4 Investigation (current active clearance is desirable)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability