Candidate will be responsible for supporting various aspects of accounting and finance functions including periodic and quarterly close cycles, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, audit/compliance, and general ledger analysis to ensure financial statements are complete and accurate working across various functional areas. This will include the periodic revenue recognition activities for the Company’s direct contracts including certifying the integrity of the projects module in Costpoint as it relates to revenue recognition and reporting. The candidate will provide guidance during initial project setup regarding revenue recognition, contract for accounting purposes/performance obligations, and revenue thresholds for standard contracts. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to, Initialization Report review for standard contracts, funding reviews, accrual review, EAC reviews, journal entry preparation, reconciling balances, collections support, fluctuation analysis, investigating and resolving discrepancies, and quarterly reporting support.
Candidate must be comfortable with full time telecommuting and working independently. Experience with video conferencing is a plus.
The applicant must be able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors:
• Knowledgeable of GAAP
• Familiarity with the FAR
• The candidate should be able to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
• The candidate must be comfortable with video conferencing and using tools such as Skype for communication.
• Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks without considerable direction.
• Strong analytical, communication, and presentations skills are required.
• The candidate must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills using complex formulas.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Accounting) and 4+ years of related experience is required.
• Costpoint, COGNOS experience are pluses
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability