SAIC is looking for a well-qualified Senior Systems Engineer- PowerShell to join an exciting program in Northern Virginia.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn. As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for employing Systems Engineering (SE) knowledge, skills, abilities, standards and best practices to support the customer’s Systems Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team in engineering and implementing modern and next generation IT solutions leveraging a wide array of vendors and technologies across the full stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
You will serve as the A&E team’s subject matter expert (SME) in Microsoft PowerShell and will leverage your technical knowledge and experience to overcome unique IT challenges.
You will focus on identifying, assessing, and developing PowerShell-based solutions to help address IT business and mission use cases across a variety of vendor platforms, as well as in-house custom software obsolescence issues with legacy code and scripts.
- An active Top Secret clearance with access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
- The ability to complete a counter-intelligence scope polygraph (CSP);
- A bachelor’s degree in a suitably computer technology related field from an accredited university and 8+ total years of experience, or one of the following certifications and 12+ total years of experience:
- The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) certification, or
- The Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification, or
- The CompTIA Security+CE certification.
- Five or more years of experience of personal hands-on experience with the end-to-end development of coded/scripted solutions using modern scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc) for the implementation, configuration, automation, orchestration, and/or maintenance of enterprise-grade technologies (i.e., systems, application, and services) deployed across a multi-platform (Windows, *nix, etc) information system;
- Five or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows based operating systems (Oss), services (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, etc.) and applications (Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server, etc) working in production enterprise environments;
- Three or more years of experience actively programming in Microsoft PowerShell to include code design and writing, testing, troubleshooting, code optimization, code deployment, code improvements, and documentation;
- Three or more years of experience in understanding, recognizing, and incorporating PowerShell code development best practices with personally written products to include the areas of code generation, requires, commentary, code level logging, error handling, and checking, and reporting and notifications.
- Three or more years of experience supporting IT solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance (IA) and InfoSec standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs);
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.