SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support PMO ASE located in Huntsville, AL. The candidate will function as an integral member of a team of Government, Military, and Contractor Personnel that provides programmatic, engineering, and technical support to the Project Management Office for Aircraft Survivability Equipment (PMO ASE). PMO ASE is an acquisition management organization under the Program Executive Office for Intelligence, Electronic Warfare & Sensors (PEO IEW&S). The team provides acquisition management support, program research, engineering, logistics, and technical support for the development and fielding of world class aircraft survivability equipment.
The candidate will work within PMO ASE supporting designated Product Offices by providing management oversight and technical expertise for the production of Aircraft Survivability Equipment systems, subsystems, and components. The candidate will be expected to provide detailed reports that exhibit the status, potential issues/risks and root cause/corrective actions, planning activities, and the management of vendor performance and products within various stages of the DoD Acquisition Life Cycle. The candidate will provide the planning, management, and oversight to the design, development, and fabrication of components for DoD weapons systems.
- Bachelors and five (14) years or more experience (4 years equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree)
Job Description and Experience:
- Perform Systems Engineering activities related to concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Support the analysis, development, and integration of existing and/or emerging system technologies (including countermeasures, sensors, bus interfaces, embedded computer hardware/software, and embedded diagnostics) into suitable ASE systems and/or subsystems.
- Support technical reviews/audits IAW PMO ASE policies and procedures to include but not be limited to: System Functional Review (SFR), System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Functional Configuration Audit (FCA), and Physical Configuration Audit (PCA).Knowledge of systems engineering concepts and processes.
- Experience with SharePoint and IBM Rational DOORS database.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Must currently possess a SECRET Clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability