JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to provide support to
the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Ground Vehicle Systems
Center (CCDC GVSC), located at the Detroit Arsenal in Warren, Michigan.
Discover why SAIC is right for you:
- SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
most complex modernization and readiness challenges across the defense, space,
federal civilian, and intelligence markets.
- We are integrators, collaborators, and problem solvers. From
imagining the best the future can be to envisioning new paths to get there,
SAIC sees the world differently.
- Our purpose is to advance the power of technology and
innovation to serve and protect our world.
- At SAIC we value career advancement opportunities, a
flexible and caring work environment, and work that contributes to
some of the world's most innovative projects.
- We’re a company that fosters a culture of engagement,
collaboration, and achievement. The solutions we deliver to our customers come
from the ideas and creativity of our people, no matter who they are or
where they come from. Because we believe that is how we
achieve success for ourselves and those we serve.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use broad range of Systems Engineering principles to
lead the execution and delivery of systems engineering work products as
part of a program team.
- Applying systems engineering processes, methods and
tools over an entire project/product lifecycle of hardware and software
- Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Stakeholder and mission needs development
- Concept of operations formulation
- Requirements definition
- Alternative analysis
- System architect development
- System design and analysis
- Interface and data architecture definition
- System integration
- System and operational performance analysis
- Validation and verification planning, lifecycle cost
analysis and estimation
- Decision analysis and resolution
- Risk management and providing systems engineering
leadership in program and technical reviews
- Lead systems engineering efforts on complex
projects/products, and execute several program efforts simultaneously.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND
- Bachelors in Engineering or related technical
discipline and 5 years or more experience leading Systems Engineering
aspects of a project/product team
- Vehicle or automotive
engineering related experience in system requirement development including
experience with Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements Systems (DOORS)
- Vehicle or automotive
engineering related experience related to system development, integration
and verification testing
- Demonstrated leadership in
technical reviews including SRR/SRR/PDR/CDR/TRR
- US Citizen with the ability to
obtain an Interim DOD Secret clearance prior to start date.
DESIRED SKILLS AND
- Vehicle or automotive engineering related experience in
system requirement development
- Vehicle or automotive engineering related experience
related to system development, integration and verification testing
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE), specifically
using Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and Department of Defense
Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability