SAIC is seeking a capable, motivated Application Systems Administrator to assist our JSP team in configuration and maintenance of 60+ Web and Client installed applications at the Pentagon.
The successful candidate will be responsible for management and administration of the applications, to include monitoring, managing, and maintenance & performance tuning. Additionally, the successful candidate will support newly identified projects through involvement during the system inception and design phases.
• Bachelor's degree and 9 years overall experience or equivalent
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and newer
• Hands-on experience with web applications using Internet Information Services (IIS) and Apache
• Hands-on experience with STIGs and hardening Windows Servers
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting application issues
• 5+ years of hands-on Windows Server support and administration responsibilities
• Demonstrated experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and newer
• Experience and understanding of Internet Information Services (IIS)
• Experience with implementing security and hardening (groups, roles, privileges, authentication, TDE, and auditing)
• Perform application upgrades as delivered by third party vendors and/or internal development staff in Test and Production environments
• Develop, implement, and maintain in-house O&M and deployment documentation
• Provide server monitoring, space management, and support
• Respond to server related alerts and Production problem issues
• Demonstrated troubleshooting and performance tuning of Microsoft Server
• Ability and willingness to fulfill requests and resolve incidents within predefined SLAs
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
• Familiarity with server/application troubleshooting with regards to network (firewalls) and security products (McAfee) issues
• Working knowledge of Remedy
• Some knowledge of SQL, Oracle, Tomcat, and Unix
• Active DoDD 8140 IAT Level III cyber certification
-DoD Secret security clearance
-Active DoDD 8140 cyber certification at IAT Level II or higher is required (please note that “Security+ for life” does not meet the 8140 standard).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability