SAIC is seeking experienced personnel for a contingent position with the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) program to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
Responsibilities: Performs the functions of a technical expert in the relevant public health field in support of major programs or system development. Applies expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements in the subject-matter area for complex systems. Leads team in the development and delivery of guidance documents, exercises, and training in support of program objectives.
At SAIC the Scientist, Principal:
Reviews and analyzes data from research studies, develops reports and conclusions based on those data, makes recommendations regarding areas of investigation needed in specific research program areas, develops program and product development plans to accomplish specific research/product goals, etc., and critiques/evaluates individual research projects and overall research programs. Scientists may have subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: biochemistry, immunology, cell biology, biology, molecular biology, ecology, veterinary science, environmental science, medicinal chemistry, genomics, bioinformatics, bacteriology, stem cell research, agronomy, agriculture and agricultural sciences, etc. These scientists will use advanced data reporting techniques, mathematics and statistics in order to conduct and report their research.
Employees may be authorized to telework in support of this effort.
• Masters or Doctorate-level degree in public health, environmental science, emergency management/preparedness or related field.
• 10 years’ experience working in public health, preparedness and/or response with at least 8 years’ experience designing and implementing exercises involving infectious disease monitoring and response, public health preparedness, surveillance, or environmental health and/or developing preparedness documents to include, concept of operations, response plans, and guidance documents.
• Must have at minimum, an active Secret clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Travel may be required.
• Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
• Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS CWMD.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability