We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Systems Engineer to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
In this role you will model and apply software engineering methods and techniques to the design, definition, development, evaluation, integration, qualification and/or support of complex products, tools, or technologies in support of the TSA STIP (Security Transportation Integration Program) DOMAIN program.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs
• At least 3 years of direct IT software development, maintenance and/or networked systems
• Experience troubleshooting application and deployment issues, provide level 1 support from smoke testing to troubleshooting critical application issues, own and lead troubleshooting effort, interface between development and external teams to resolve the issue
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance, may interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
• Agile/DevOps experience using tools from the Atlassian suite including Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket (or similar Agile tool-suite)
• C++ on both Windows (Visual C++) and Linux (GCC)
• SQL databases (Firebird DB experience is a plus)
• Open source tools such as CMake, Conan, OpenSSL, and Git
• Some C# experience is a plus (Windows Forms, WPF, WCF)
• Some Java experience is a plus
• U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
• Public Trust Clearance
• Experience designing software applications and integrating systems in a Federal government contracting environment
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Science degree and minimum three (5) years of software development, IT operations, application development or systems integration or equivalent blend of education and experience.
• Preferred: At least four years of experience supporting TSA/DHS or similar security or law enforcement agency
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability