SAIC has an immediate need for a Software Engineer Associate to assist our NASA NICS program in Huntsville, AL.
A successful candidate will be part of a Dev/Sec/Ops team responsible for the conversion of NASA’s traditional campus networks into a state-of-the-art Software-Defined Network during an amazing period in NASA’s history. These networks support NASA’s Artemis Program (which will return Americans to the moon) and the Mars Exploration Program among others.
- Generate software products to provide network automation
- Software products may include: concept design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Planning of high level and detailed requirements definition, test planning and execution (to include use cases, test procedures and test data), software systems integration, and technical support for software systems and subsystems
- Establish and maintain code repositories
- Analyze daily networking workflows and identify best opportunities for transitioning from manual processes to automation via scripting
- Develop python applications that will be used for automation and reusability
- Work toward automation of automation to include automated testbeds and development practices
Education and Experience:
- Linux Experience: Comfortable building Linux machines on bare metal and Virtual Machines in addition to administrative tasks
- Python Experience: Comfortable with writing basic functions, use of Classes, concepts of modules and packages. Experience with data analytics such as moving data in and out of CSV files and performing unit tests
- Working understanding of REST APIs, Postman, and Github
- Basic understanding of IP Networking (layers 2-4 most important)
- Comfortable configuring and troubleshooting scripting
- Cisco Certifications a plus
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability