SAIC is looking for a cleared, Spacecraft Flight Software Engineer, with technical expertise in spacecraft Flight Software (FSW) development. This position is located in Chantilly, VA and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
In this role, you will support a program that provides technical and programmatic support to coordinate and execute acquisition payload engineering, vehicle engineering, adjunct payload accommodation, and integration, test and launch functions for spacecraft and adjunct payloads.
If you have technical expertise in spacecraft Flight Software (FSW) development, then this is the job for you! You will be an integral participant in software requirements definition, development, and allocation, design, and verification for spacecraft and payload flight software.
- Conduct software systems engineering, review of contractor designs, and perform evaluation of operating modes
- Support the customer in the design, integration, test, and verification/qualification of FSW.
- Provide expert advice concerning FSW development to the FSW Subsystem Project Officer.
- Review and coordinate on all changes to specifications, lnterface Control Documents (lCDs) and system level requirements documentation for FSW.
- Review flight software interface definition with other spacecraft subsystems (e.9., payload, thermal, attitude control, etc.) for accuracy to ensure requirement allocation documentation is complete and accurate.
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates to the customer.
- ldentify software development risks and assess larger program impacts.
- Attend all flight software reviews, and program management reviews.
- Provide expert advice/analysis on FSW considerations for new satellite/payload developments.
- Coordinate with bus development point of contact (POC), division subsystem leads, branch chiefs and division chiefs.
- Coordinate activities of the in-factory support group to monitor key FSW test events.
- Provide support to launch and satellite on-orbit test as required by the customer.
- Attend Vehicle Engineering Branch and Advanced Payload Division meetings as appropriate at the request of the Government Project Officer.
- Support the customer as required in the review of financial and earned value reports.
- Provide technical evaluation of FSW efforts in contractor proposals Engineering Change Proposals (EcPs).
- Attend contractor milestone reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, pre-test, pre- ship and other meetings) to provide technically based recommendations regarding satisfaction of review entrance and exit criteria.
- Develop productive relationships with prime contractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other spacecraft subsystem subject matter experts.
- Advise and mentor GPO personnel regarding spacecraft development.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer engineering, computer science or software.
- 10+ years of embedded software development experience.
- Experience with C++ and VXWorks 6.5.
- Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes.
- Strong understanding of associated firmware and hardware (e.g., onboard computers).
- Experience in the design, integration and test of satellite buses
- Knowledgeable of launch and flight operations of space vehicles.
- Basic understanding of DOD/IC satellite systems and architectures.
- Available to travel domestically (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Masters in Engineering or Physics.
- Experience with DOORS
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability