We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Agent 2 to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
An IT Service Desk/Help Desk Specialist Level 2 Agent is responsible for assisting Level 1's(L1's) with escalations and technical questions from first level technical support through phone, email and chat support, in order to resolve technical end user service and support requests. They communicates with customers at all levels of technical and non-technical skills sets. L2s also provide technical coaching and training as things change in the environment. They also assist in the operation when ticket volume is high and the service desk is experiencing heavy customer demand. L2s may be the first point of contact for all technical support service requests. These are requests for support for technical/IT issues involving desktop and laptop application software or network services from local personnel or from employees using remote network access. But mostly, L2s support the L1s and receive elevated complex and/or high priority problems that L1s cannot resolve. L2s also send more complex problems that they cannot resolve to the appropriate support groups for resolution. L2s diagnose and troubleshoot end user desktop application issues and provides appropriate solution. They follow-up with end users to provide status updates as per service level guidelines (SLA's). L2s also perform minor account management and maintenance for various applications and systems (e. g., creates or modifies user accounts and permissions, and performs password resets).
· Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management Work collaboratively with people across the organization Support for PCs, laptops, printers, cell phones, and tablets etc.
· Support end users in their use of applications such as Microsoft Office, ERP, CRM, VPN, Citrix, and MDM (mobile device management) including install, modification and repair Qualifications:
· Minimum of 18 months+ experience working in a IT Service Desk/inbound Call Center environment Experience using ITSM Ticketing tools (e. g. Service Now, Remedy) or similar ticketing systems to manage and track incidents preferred.
· Associate s (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a technical school Preferred, not required: Certification in relevant IT products/technologies (Examples, CompTIA (A+, Network +, Server+ and Security+ certifications and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP))
· Able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally, with key stakeholders, leadership, partners, team members, other organizations, and customers.
· Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, networks, databases and network security concepts and tools is required Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office application suite including MS Outlook Experience with multi-platform Windows O/S required Active Directory, and Exchange preferred.
· Solid analytical/cognitive skills to troubleshoot complex and technical problems.
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
· Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure in a fast-paced client driven environment.
· Strong desire and enthusiasm to serve customers Basic knowledge of ITIL, Service Desk metrics/SLA s, and mobile device support.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
· US Citizenship
· DoD Secret Clearance or have the ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance, prior to hire.
· High school diploma and 5 years experience or equivalent required
· One of the CompTIA certifications CompTIA A+ CE, Network+ CE or Security+ CE certification. or ITIL v3/v4, or HDI Support Center Analyst
· Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
· Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· MCP, Dell or other industry identified certifications are preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
· Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
· Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
· Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer's issues.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability