We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Agent to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
An IT Service Desk Specialist routinely called a Service Desk/Help Desk Level 1 (L1) Agent is the initial point of contact for customers via telephone, email or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications. The L1 Agent assists end-users/customers in resolving their IT issues accurately and promptly. A L1 Agent takes detailed notes of the problem the user is experiencing, determines steps they can take to resolve the issue, and manages the flow of incoming support requests. This involves asking questions to determine the full scope of the user's issue. The L1 Agent directly interacts with the end-user to resolve the user's technical issues. This may involve remotely accessing the user's computer and making changes to their system and settings by navigating around application menus, or may be required to remote into customer's computer to fix an issue. In other cases, the service desk analyst walks the user through steps they can take to resolve the issue on their own. For relatively simple issues, the service desk agent can quickly devise a solution to the problem without the IT department taking further action. A service desk L1 Agent will troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network. An L1 Agent develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus. An L1 Agent may escalate complex problems to higher-level IT support specialists and experts if they are unable to resolve the issue on their own. They provide supervisors or specialists with notes regarding the problem, steps they have already taken to resolve the issue, and their diagnosis of the user's problem. Throughout the user support process, service desk L1 Agents maintain detailed records of user issues with software and hardware in an IT service management system. These notes can help diagnose and repair complex issues and also provide IT departments with data regarding recurring issues and problems reported by multiple users. By maintaining detailed records, the service desk analyst can also look at a user's history of software or hardware issues and make recommendations to prevent future problems. Service desk analysts support users by performing system tests and updates after they complete their troubleshooting and necessary repairs. This helps to prevent future issues and service interruptions and ensures that troubleshooting and updates have not caused problems elsewhere within the system. They may also walk users through update and installation processes for software and peripherals. Finally, a service desk L1 agent may also support department-wide operations by supporting the creation, editing, and maintenance of IT documents. This can include FAQ documents for users that detail common issues and how to resolve them without opening a help desk ticket, department documents that outline standard operating procedures and practices, and help sheets that can be distributed throughout the organization.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
· US Citizenship
· DoD Top Secret Clearance or have the ability to obtain a US Government Top Secret security clearance, prior to hire.
· High school diploma and 2 years experience or equivalent required
· One of the CompTIA certifications CompTIA A+ CE, Network+ CE or Security+ CE certification. or ITIL v3/v4, or HDI Support Center Analyst
· Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
· Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· MCP, Dell or other industry identified certifications are preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
· Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords.
· Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
· Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer's issues.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability