SAIC is seeking a Jr. Java Developer to join our team as a work from home employee, while supporting work taking place at the U.S. Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, Kentucky.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science or related field. Four (4) additional years of related experience
will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with RDBMS such as
Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience using version
control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with software
development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience with JEE/JSP
Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
- Creative problem solving
abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level
requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based
off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a
- Ability to provide mentoring
and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast
pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual
- Possess a SECRET clearance or
have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to
begin work on the contract.
- Must be CompTIA Security+
certified, prior to start date.
- Must obtain a related
certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle
Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer, with the first 90 days of
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA
Continuing Education program.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability