SAIC is seeking experienced
professionals to join the National Security Group (NSG). NSG provides specialized program management,
engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence
Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the
generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in
the air and on the ground.
NSG has an opening for an IT
Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical
advisory services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC)
customer. The customer is developing next-generation of space and ground
systems architectures, hardware and software solutions.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer provides
support to the Program Office in acquisition and execution of mission critical
systems. The Senior PMO Engineer is part
of a team of high-performing subject matter experts. The IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible
for the following:
- Leverage industry standards and technology capabilities
to evaluative software and/or hardware platforms able to support the
efficient, cost-effective, and secure delivery of higher-level IT
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing:
virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a
Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current
- Firm understanding of Cryptography, Development,
Encryption, Hardware, Lifecycle Management, Networking, Programming,
Project, Protocols, Bash & Python
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls,
load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc) and have
experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution on an agnostic
Cloud platform as well as AWS.
- Experience creating presentations that support
Architecture overviews, onboarding, status updates and any other necessary
- Verifying the integrity and availability of all
hardware, server resources systems, and key processes
- Gather additional information on tickets submitted for
- Firm understanding of Cloud automated infrastructure
provisioning scripting and deployment
- Respond to infrastructure needs and requests
- Leverage Cloud capabilities (scalability, elasticity,
and high availability) to assist Application Service Providers and
Intelligence Community Infrastructure Service Provider cost reductions.
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization
technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and
Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive
- Hands-on experience with Cloud computing technologies
and a strong understanding of Cloud architecture capabilities and
- Use Amazon CloudWatch to establish costing metrics and
monitor the health/utilization of AWS resources.
- Develop a multi-year IT strategic plan that offers
direction and guidance for IT investment decisions that are strategically
aligned with corporate and departmental goals.
- In-depth knowledge of organizational planning, budget,
procurement, and program management processes
- Apply IT portfolio management methods and tools to
define and regulate a technology life cycle for key IT assets that
optimize financial costs against business value and risk.
- Promote progressive technology improvement by
establishing strategic enterprise planning and IT governance as proactive
enterprise capabilities aimed at evolving information systems, and
technologies over time
- Ensure incidents and problems are managed effectively
minimizing the impact to Intelligence Community members and internal
- Work closely with other teams to expand knowledge and
understanding of data flow between applications and assist with
- Monitor, troubleshoot and understand external partner
- Work as part of a team but also being able to work
independently to resolve issues
- Leverage resource tagging to allocate costs and
optimize resource planning for budgeting, reporting and governance
- Leverage design components and capabilities for
scalability and elasticity and high availability.
- Provide expert advice with respect to Cloud
architectures, environments, setup and configuration, limitations,
constraints, tools, resources, etc.
- Provide support and detailed direction with respect to
Cloud implementation, monitoring, initialization, maintenance, reporting,
- Support the development, delivery, implementation, and
maintenance of IT infrastructure based projects.
- Support the government on infrastructure
implementations to various platforms. This includes inputs on HW,
configuration, security settings and tools, storage needs, back-up and
recovery strategies, disaster recovery strategies, etc.
- Develop system migration CONOPS, strategies, and plans.
- Prepare and deliver assessment reports on the migration
implementation, including information on the system performance,
deficiencies, and improvement recommendations.
- Participate in any and all system-level reviews,
including peer reviews and Review Boards
- Experience with Certification and Accreditation
(C&A), integration, operational training, deployment, transition, and
maintenance of systems and services delivered to the Enterprise.
- Representing the Program Office in NRO program
execution discussions related to current and future contracts
- Prefer experience with FedRAMP, NIST and FISMA compliance,
Federal procurement, security, and Authorization and Accreditation (A&A)
processes, VMWare, IT Service Management, and Content Delivery Networks.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, science, or related disciplines
- 14 or more years of related experience with a Bachelor degree or 12 or more years of related experience with a Master degree
- 5 years of experience in system architecture/engineering
- 5 years of experience in cloud design and implementation
- Knowledge of cloud development cycle, to include planning, project management, requirements development, delivery, and testing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project and SharePoint)
- Excellent communication skills (inter-personal, writing, presentation)
- Ability to quickly understand and respond to Government queries
- Demonstrated experience in communications and enabling skills that help others succeed
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability