Position Summary / Responsibilities:
• Coordination with the NOSC on all logical and physical issues that impact EITaaS ESD Operations
• Analyze, diagnose, and correct problems related to hardware assets
• Maintain system integrity and security by resolving issues from Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans
• Perform all patching, scanning, and imaging in accordance with standard Change Management and Government processes
• Add, remove, or update user account information in Active Directory
• Maintain the inventory (property book) and provide routine, daily and maintenance on all EITaaS ESD operated equipment.
• Perform project lead responsibilities for all new technologies which may require interfacing with customers and VIPs.
• Participate in weekly status call meetings
• Install, configure and maintain new hardware and software systems for EITaaS ESD
• Arrange repair for hardware through outside vendors
• Focal point to integrate new technologies/systems into existing environment
• Monitor logs and network and system performance correcting deficiencies as required
• Create backup and recovery policies
• Implement and enforce policies for the use of the computer system and network
• Document and maintain system configuration design documentation
• Create and maintain continuity documentation for this position
• Assist Team Managers with new hire onboarding and conduct/track initial training for all staff
• Perform Beyond Trust, SCCM, NICE inContact ACD and ServiceNow System administration
• Other duties as required or directed to sustain site operations
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
• BS in Computer Science, Networking, or other IT related field with at least 10 years hand on experience supporting desktops, laptops, servers, and network configuration
• Must have a functional understanding of compute and OS installation, with experience troubleshooting domain joined Microsoft Windows 10 systems
• Must have a moderate to extensive understanding of IP Networking.
• Must have CompTIA Security+ CE certification (CASP or CISSP preferred) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interface with senior level customers
• Possess an active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance before start date.
• 2+ yrs ServiceNow administration experience
• Microsoft Certification (Win 10)
• Network Monitoring Systems
• Cisco IOS
• F5 BigIP
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability