Job ID: 2010164
Location: NELLIS AFB, NV, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC has an opportunity for a Warfighter Integration Office (WIO) Liaison to represent Headquarters Air Combat Command’s (HQ ACC) A5/8Z Advanced Programs Division. The successful applicant will steer development of advanced Science and Technology (S&T) programs to transition into the Combat Air Forces (CAF). You will coordinate across MAJCOMs, Air Staff and AFWIC to integrate priorities across the warfighting portfolio to shape CAF programming strategy to ensure warfighter future requirements are met.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Act as ACC/A5/8Z's senior technical advisor to the WIO supporting program management, requirements definition, technical, and analytical support
· Provide operational, technical, and analytical assistance to document JCIDS and other MAJCOM and Special Access Requirements
· Regularly interface with OSD, Joint Staff, Air Staff, MAJCOMs, NAFs, AF TENCAP, FFRDCs, and other Government organizations when performing duties associated with ACC/A5/8Z.
· Provide advice and assistance to leadership in the areas of mission needs and requirements analysis, concept of operations development, program tradeoff analysis, program roadmap creation including technology insertion, platform integration, and support planning
· Recommend policy changes and support the communication of policy changes
· Assist in the drafting, review and implementation of procedures, policy, systems capability definition and requirement documents, and guidance for incorporation into CAF operations
· Provide security/indoc briefing to personnel
· Plan, coordinate, and attend ACC/A5/8Z official functions and conferences
· Represent ACC/A5/8Z at CAF requirements meeting and other SAP planning meetings
· Position requires up to 25% travel to CONUS, Alaska, and Hawaii areas, OCONUS travel possible
Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts. Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
IMPACT: Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
LIASON: Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s with 14 years of military aerospace technology experience, Master's and 12 or PhD and 9 Years
-Ten (10) years’ experience in one or all of the following disciplines: A-A/A-G weapons, electronic warfare, or electronic countermeasure systems
- Three (3) years MAJCOM staff, or equivalent experience. (Above Wing level or sister service equivalent)
- Previous rated pilot or Weapons System Officer or 10 years of working operational requirement programs
- Five (5) years of SAP experience required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability