Job ID: 209843
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2020
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Subcontracts Principal. Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be extremely organized and detail oriented. This position is to provide support to SAIC’s Procurement Strategic Proposal Team (SPT) which provides support to all SAIC capture and proposal activity.
Duties will include:
· Developing, negotiating and administering pre-contract agreements (teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, etc).
· Conduct due diligence/risk mitigation activities on the SAIC supporting supplier base in the capture phase (pre-RFP) of each pursuit.
· Provide Procurement representation to the SAIC capture team in developing the supply chain strategy.
· Post-RFP, identify conflicting prime requirements and risks/issues to SAIC and elevate within to de-conflict or mitigate risks.
· Generation of supplier Request for Proposals (RFPs) to include selection of subcontract type, coordination with internal technical team on the statement of work (SOW) and all applicable requirements based on prime contract requirements.
· Must understand should cost analysis and price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete analysis on moderate to complex supplier proposals and agreement.
· Develop SAIC proposal individual subcontracting plans.
· Must be a self-starter with excellent problem solving skills, while keeping Customer Group (CG) and corporate procurement management updated on the status of their assigned activities.
· Must maintain a high level of customer service because this role acts as an interface between capture managers and other end users for procurement activities.
· Regularly interacts with internal customers, management (at all levels) and members of functional management with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution.
· Position could involve international suppliers/subcontractors.
· Must have understanding of the government acquisition process.
· Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation.
· Excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
· Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously.
· Must have extensive proposal experience in a procurement capacity.
· Must have excellent organization skills.
· Candidate must be extremely diligent and thorough in all work activity.
• CPSR Audit requirements, Costpoint Purchasing System, Word Processing and Electronic Spreadsheets.
REQUIRIED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 9 years related experience or Master’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 7 years related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.