SAIC is looking for an Incident Manager to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
*This position is remote*
The Incident Manager (IM) analyzes and resolves more complex technical or process items in a call center/help desk/data center environment. The incident manager is held responsible for complete incident management process within an enterprise, which comprises all major incidents reported and to be resolved. Once the issue is escalated either by 1st or 2nd level staff, then incident management should identify what resources and proficiency are needed to resolve the incident and form a major incident team that can solve the issues as soon as possible. The IM uses expertise in ITIL best practices for customer service, IT Service Management, and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding installation, usage, and training on software and/or hardware products. The IM serves as the first level of enhanced technical support by being the major contact person for any incident reports within an organization. The IM works with service desk managers and agents in understanding, registering, categorizing, and taking immediate effort to restore the service interruption at the earliest possible time. The IM seeks to understand and resolve a single interruption or a trend in interruptions quickly and escalating to Tier 2 if the issues cannot be resolved at Tier 1. The IM is accountable for managing members of the Incident Management team. The IM is the leader of the Major Incident Management team in addressing major IT interruptions is to restore the services quickly using accessible resources. The IM may diagnose, identify, isolate and analyze trends and problems utilizing historical database records. The IM lends support to one or more areas of the service desk, such as request management, problem management, asset management, knowledge management, reporting, and incident management.
• Co-ordinate the Major Incident Management process for specific or multiple clients. Includes analysis of information received and work allocation and execution of the functions of Major Incident Management
• Coordinate & manage change end to end.
• Quality assurance including continuous improvement, process change and documentation, process/procedure training.
•Interface with internal resources, others and/or clients to manage the Major Incident / Change Management processes on a day-to-day basis.
• Coordinate activities across technical teams and follow up to ensure that Major Incident / Change Management activities are completed.
• Provide the customer, or the client interface, with accurate information whether over the phone, in person or in writing.
• Ensure requests are executed within agreed deadlines in line with the Customer Service Level Agreement.
• Ensure effective communication towards fellow team members in terms of daily team work, sharing information, sharing workload.
• Ensure the client is kept continuously and proactively informed on the progress of the submitted requests and that client relationship is developed and maintained.
• Ensure that any revealed process gap or improvement ideas are escalated to the Team Leader or Service Manager.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
· US Citizenship
· Interim DoD Secret Clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
· Bachelor's degree preferred and minimum 1 year of total management experience
· Minimum 3 years of experience in either Incident Management, Event Management or Problem Management experience
· ITIL v3/v4
· Demonstrated managerial skills and ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
· Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and multi-task
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent competency in MS Office Suite
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability