SAIC is looking for a Problem Manager to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
*This position is remote*
The Problem Manager (PM) analyzes and resolves more complex technical or process items in a call center/help desk/data center environment. A PM aims to manage the lifecycle of all Problems. The primary objectives of this role is to prevent Incidents from happening, and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented. The PM is to be proactive by analyzing incident records, and using data collected by other IT Service Management processes to identify trends or significant Problems. For Incidents that have already occurred, the PM tries to prevent these Incidents from happening again. A PM uses expertise in all the ITIL processes and customer service, IT Service Management, and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding incident and event management and installation, usage, and training on software and/or hardware products. May diagnose, identify, isolate and analyze trends and problems utilizing historical database records. May support one or more areas and interact with other roles on the service desk to include; request management, incident management, event management, asset management, knowledge management, and reporting.
• Co-ordinate with Incident and the Major Incident Management process aimed at restoring services as quickly as possible, often by applying temporary solutions. Includes analysis of information received and work allocation and execution of the functions of Problem Management
• Analyzes root causes and preventing Incidents from happening in the future.
• Coordinates with change management team/process to ensure any changes reflect the desired end-state for end to end change.
• Coordinates with the Quality Assurance team including to ensure that quality improvement, process change and documentation, process/procedure training.
• Interfaces with internal resources, others and/or clients to manage the Major Incident / Change Management processes on a day-to-day basis.
• Coordinates activities across technical teams and follow up to ensure that Major Incident / Change Management activities are completed.
• Provides for client and organizational interface, with accurate information whether over the phone, in person or in writing.
• Ensures requests are executed within agreed deadlines in line with the Customer Service Level Agreement.
• Ensures effective communication towards fellow team members in terms of daily team work, sharing information, sharing workload.
• Ensures the client is kept continuously and proactively informed on the progress of the submitted requests and that client relationship is developed and maintained.
• Ensures that any revealed process gap or improvement ideas are escalated to the Team Leader or Service Manager.
Education / Certification / Security Clearance Requirements:
· US Citizenship
· Interim DoD Secret Clearance with ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance
· Bachelor's degree preferred and minimum 1 year of total management experience
· Minimum 3 years of experience in either Incident Management, Event Management or Problem Management experience
· ITIL v3/v4
· Demonstrated managerial skills and ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
· Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and multi-task
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent competency in MS Office Suite
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability