UC/Network Admin (USACISA-P)
Job ID: 2010174
Location: PYONGTAEK, Seoul, Korea, Republic of
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is hiring a UC (Unified Communications) /
Network Admin to join our team in Pyongtaek, Korea !
- May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain unified
communications (UC) and network components supporting data, unified voice
and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long
term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- May evaluate new technology.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network,
and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such
as video teleconferencing (VTC), CODECs routers, switchers, firewalls,
hubs, bridges, gateways, and telepresence.
- Evaluates and reports on new network and unified
communications (UC) technologies to enhance capabilities of the networks
and collaboration. (It should be understood that this is not intended to
be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's
- Operates and maintains legacy Cisco RMX-based systems
and modernized CUCM and CMS-based Cisco products to deliver high quality
VTC and UC services for very senior level officials.
- Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities
for each employee). Complete understanding and wide application of
technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and
establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to
established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether
objectives have been met.
- Contractor shall provide 99% availability of all C4I UC services,
including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Allied Voice over Secure
Internet Protocol (VoSIP), video teleconferencing (VTC), and video
streaming capabilities (including, but not limited to Netcast of VTC /
Cable TV, GBS).
- Contractor shall document service delivery procedures in a Unified
Capabilities (UC) SOP/TTP that is to be updated yearly by the contractor
and delivered to the Government by the last working day of each contract
year. All Unified Capabilities positions are considered ME.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or
more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0
years related experience
- Demonstrated experience with
Cisco RMX, CUCM, CMS products
- All employees must possess the required credentials;
meet required technical, information assurance (IA), computing
environment, and training certification and license requirements; and pass
minimum experience qualification standards commensurate with their
positions and responsibilities at start date and
keep those qualifications up-to-date to maintain their eligibility to
perform in the position on the contract.
- All personnel must be ITIL Foundation
certified at time of contract start (may be able
to obtain within 30-90 days)
- All Service Delivery Support
Service Desk II personnel must be at least Information
Assurance Technical (IAT) Level III-certified. Must have any
one of the following certifications at a minimum IAT III
- IAT Level III - CASP+CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP or
Associate, GCED, or GCIH)
- Must have a Computing
- (CCNP) Cisco Certified Network
Professional - Collaboration OR CCNP Routing and Switching (new cert is
CCNP Enterprise) as identified by the operational environment of the
customer. (Other substitutions must be approved by the customer)
- Must have a valid Tier 5 Background Investigation
resulting in eligibility for a Top Secret Clearance within the last 4
- Must have an active Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability