Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in Aurora, CO, who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe.
SAIC is hiring for our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Systems Integration Engineer with experience analyzing space and ground system architectures. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of the next generation MW space and ground systems, focused on Command & Control and Mission Data Processing component integration, sub-system testing, and related activities. Candidate will provide system engineering and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) MW mission area. Candidate will support requirements development, systems and subsystems integration, system verification, transitioning legacy capabilities to new ground systems, and concepts of operations (CONOPS) development for all MW systems.
Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring the MW space and ground systems architecture and design of the customer’s systems are functional and meet or exceed system requirements.
- Applying expert engineering knowledge of satellite command & control, mission data processing, and OPIR data exploitation systems to author and/or decompose requirements and evaluate developer solutions to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture.
- Providing system, sub-system, and component-level integration services and technical assessments to enable an effective MW space and ground capability.
- Assessing the sustainability of MW space and ground system designs from concept development and contract pre-acquisition through contractor design, production, testing, and transition to operations.
- Supporting system and sub-system interface test planning and execution activities for MW space and ground systems.
- Identifying risks, issues, and inter-dependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders.
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Space Force.
- Master’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 16+ years of demonstrated experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA, or NRO programs with a proven delivery record, or 18+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science or Engineering.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience in defining, developing, implementing and sustaining space and ground OPIR systems for the US Space Force, Air Force and/or Department of Defense.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability