***This position is 100% Remote***
Top 3 Skills:
1) DevOps Leader (DOL), DevSecOps Engineer (DSOE) or DevOps Foundation certification(s)
2) 3-5 years hands-on experience supporting dynamic continuous integrations preferably cloud environments
3) Agile certification(s)
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
SAIC is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer (SDE) to serve as part of a technical team supporting an enterprise digital transformation effort by deploying innovative technologies and cloud-enabled platforms to optimize efficiencies and improve end-user experiences for a DoD client. The SDE will ultimately be responsible to develop and implement a devops process to support an automated CI/CD pipeline. The ideal candidate will be well versed in Agile delivery methodologies as well as ITIL and other frameworks and models. A successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge integration technologies, automation and clouding configurations. The SDE will also have past experience supporting capture efforts in identifying optimal and value-driven solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead implementation of DevOps tools with fully automated CI/CD pipeline
• Work with other DevOps leaders to instantiate a dynamic, sustainable devops factory
• Introduce and implement automation innovation to product teams (Jenkins/Hudson)
• Work with cross functional teams to establish best automation, rapid configuration and CI/CD practices
• Provide engineering support for all product development within pipeline
• Perform root-cause analysis for production errors
• Develop and implement CI/CD tools to reduce errors and increase deployments to end-users
• Coordinate with various operations managers to prioritize development needs and ensure all applications are secure meet business needs
• Work with DevOps team to evaluate new priorities, look for vulnerabilities and provide continuous monitoring and testing across all platforms or applications.
• Bachelor’s degree and 12 years’ experience (10 years with a Master's Degree) supporting large digital transformation efforts or service management systems or IT integration efforts such as NaaS, PaaS or ITaaS efforts. An additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• 3-5 years supporting development operations for cloud native or cloud enabled platforms within DoD or commercial environments
• Expert knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies
• Experience developing and implementing container applications
• Familiarity with secure infrastructure automation, coding and configuration
• Proficient with CI/CD tools and methodologies (Jenkins, Nexus, Hudson)
• Ability to rapidly deploy incremental updates and fixes to existing or evolving platforms
• Strong communicator with ability to collaborate with other DevOps team members
• CompTIA Sec + Cert
• US Citizen
• Secret Security Clearance
• 2-3 years in Scaled Agile or other Agile delivery role
• Certified DevOps Engineer
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability