SAIC is looking for a subject matter expert in P-3/P-8 Maritime Patrol Reconnaissance Aircraft tactics and employment.
This position is in support of cutting-edge development of distributed synthetic aviation training programs at the Naval Aviation Distributed Training Center Pacific (NADTCPAC) located at Tactical Training Group Pacific (TTGP), in San Diego, CA.
NADTCPAC is the Navy’s first hub for connecting together similar and dissimilar type-model-series aviation simulators from around the world into a single coherent federation for training. NADTCPAC has already been in operation for over two years, has executed numerous events, and is continuing to experience a growing demand signal for advanced synthetic aviation training.
The Maritime Patrol P-3/P-8 SME will:
- Provide MPRA tactics and employment SME support to the NADTC, TTGP, and AIRPAC in support of Fleet Synthetic Training- Aviation (FST-A) events
- Develop MPRA aspects of training scenarios, incorporating the latest doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures for P-3/P-8 aircraft employment and integration
- Create, test and employ Modeling and Simulation (M&S) playfiles for events, role-play aviation platforms, ships and staffs as required for events, and provide feedback to event instructors
- Liaise with MPRA and other squadrons, wings, and Navy warfare centers of excellence on NADTC capabilities and other developments in distributed aviation training (expect approximately 10% travel in this function)
- Secret Level Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum five years’ experience in planning, briefing, executing and debriefing MPRA aircraft missions. Thorough knowledge of aircraft tactical employment as part of a larger force. Expertise in aircraft systems usage and integration.
- Experience in developing aviation training scenarios based on training objectives
- Experience operating and employing aviation simulators for training
- Experience operating warfare training M&S systems, such as simulator IOS consoles and systems
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.