We are looking for an experienced, energetic and motivated Hardware Integration Technician to join our Land Border Integration team.
As a Hardware Integration Technician working for SAIC Federal you will have a fast moving, challenging, and highly rewarding position keeping the infrastructure running that helps Customs and Border Protection keep our borders safe.
Hardware Integration Technician duties and responsibilities:
• Perform customer support tasks at Land Ports of Entry, Airports, and Border Patrol locations
• Perform all on-site activities related to installation, repair, management and maintenance
• Track and document the progression of the work
• Perform troubleshooting through to resolution
• Suggest and implement solutions
• Operate vehicle and tools in a safe manner
• Adhere to SAIC’s internal policies and regulations
• Adhere to all IT Security, physical security, and operations security policies
• Work in field environment in all-weather without on-site supervision
• Build relationships and trust with Customs and Border Protection officers and Border Patrol Agents at work locations
Requirements and qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and 5 years’ experience, or equivalent experience and/or education
Public Trust Clearance
Developer/Scripting experience a plus but not required.
Assemble high level devices using provided instructions
Complete quality assurance checks on assembled or repaired devices
Experience with managing, troubleshooting and preserving technical equipment
Proficient at using hand and power tools including drill press and cutting tools.
Experience with imaging PCs and knowledge of the Windows Operating System.
Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Accustomed to using mobile tools and applications
• Understands basic electrical wiring principles (low voltage only)
• Technically proficient with signal cabling such as CAT 6 and coaxial to include testing and termination
• Ability to drive daily to job sites up to 100 miles away
• May travel to other locations on the U.S. border to assist with installations and ticket resolutions for up to two weeks
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability