We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Field Service Engineer to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
In this position, you would be a key part of our expanding Field Service team at customer sites ensuring that hardware and software systems are commissioned properly and serviced post-installation. This role is an integral part of our customer-focused business model. The Field Service Engineer will ensure proper operation of equipment and complete customer satisfaction and will perform several types of services offered (startup, warranty, non-warranty) at customer sites.
Examples include but are not limited to:
• Startup Services
• Verify correct installation.
• Assist in debugging wiring.
• Upload updated software to processors and controls.
• Configure software to operate per customer specifications.
• Test system performance.
• Train customer on maintenance and operation.
• Follow-up on open related job site issues.
• Manage on-site job communication with regard to client products and services. Warranty and Support Plan Services
• Diagnose issues identified by customer.
• Update firmware as needed.
• Modify software configuration per customer.
• Replace parts (not to include items that require a licensed electrician)
• Debug system or network issues.
• Perform maintenance. Day to Day Work
• Deliver exemplary customer service to customers in the field
• Become proficient in servicing all systems while following field service procedures
• Investigate, trace, implement, and install network solutions
• Troubleshoot and repair commercial lighting system installations
• Coordinate with on-site contractors and facility managers to ensure proper system installation
• Focus on lifecycle product service (troubleshooting, repair, training end-users, and upgrades)
• Work independently to accommodate the ever changing needs and priorities of our customers
• Serve as a technical expert for legacy systems and products
• Deliver customer focus solution that align to company culture and values
• High school diploma or GED required
• 2 or 4 year college degree, technical school degree, or related experience
• 5+ years of work experience in electro-mechanical, electronic, electrical related field
• Experience supporting IT network products
• Specific manufacturer's certifications as required. IE EMC, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, COMPTIA certifications, and NETWORKPLUS
• Advanced degree of knowledge of hardware and software including Microsoft/Network operating systems
• Experience with basic electrical systems
• Strong customer service skills
• Highly organized and accustomed to a fast-paced work schedule
• Knowledge of or experience with Air Force IT systems is a plus
Must be a US Citizen
Preferred Requirements- Secret Clearance
Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
#AirForce #Army #SAIC
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability