SAIC is currently seeking a motivated Database Programmer to join our team in Omaha, NE.
- Participates in client/project meeting(s) for highly complex project definition, needs assessment and design review. Evaluates the needs and requirements of the users and provides technical expertise in the development of technical, structural and organizational specifications. Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization.
- Designs, develops, and integrates highly complex database systems for internal and external users/clients.
- Creates, documents and implements standards and/or complex modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database. Codes complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms. Designs user interfaces and business application prototypes.
- Performs complex analyses and reviews applications being released into production. Develops and oversees the implementation of test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices.
- Remains abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to field. Prepares recommendations and presentation to management.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in engineering, computer science, business administration, software engineering or related field
- 9 or more years of database engineering, design, development experience
- Experience working with relational data modeling
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience working with database development methodologies, design and implementation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills Desired Requirements:
- Experience with numerical weather predictions systems like GFS, WRF, MM5, or the UK Met Office Model
- Experience/understanding of Air Force weather forecasting operations
- Experience with the Air Force CDFS-II cloud analysis and forecasting system
- Familiarity with meteorological data formats like METAR, GriB, GriB2, and NetCDF
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
Secret Clearance preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability