Field Service Engineer_C-sUAS
Job ID: 2010023
Location: WASHINGTON DC, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Field Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has an immediate need for a Field Service Engineer to support Counter-Small Unmanned Ariel Systems (C-sUAS) for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) onsite at the Pentagon/Washington, DC. The candidate will support engineering expertise for the full range of operations and sustainment services in support of the PFPA mission to provide protection against the sUAS threat.
- Daily responsibility for optimal C-sUAS system operations, routine preventive maintenance, field level and preventative maintenance repairs, replacement, installation, testing, data analysis and integration of Pentagon C-sUAS system and supporting infrastructure.
- Performs engineering work involving systems, process, equipment, or methods, develops recommendations and provides to the Program Manager for decision making.
- Develops and provides overall system and subsystem performance metrics to the Program Manager.
- Collaborates with system operators and appropriate team members to troubleshoot and diagnose root cause of sensor malfunction.
- Schedules maintenance of production equipment and equipment to ensure efficient operations and optimal system availability. Collaborates with original equipment manufacturers to ensure continued availability of sensor systems.
- Ships subsystems to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for depot level PM&R work in accordance with OEM recommendations
- Supports design and conduct of C-sUAS system testing and exercises
- Serves as primary C-sUAS capability system administrator and information technology point of contact.
- Develops and documents systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Resolves hardware/software interface and interoperability issues. Ensures systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Provide operator level training to system operators as new system and/or sensor software upgrades are applied.
- Bachelor’s degree in and Engineering Field and 9 years of experience. Four (4) years’ experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- General knowledge of CUAS and/or Unmanned systems/sensors (Radar, Electro-Optical, Infrared, Electronic Warfare).
- Experience with Windows, Networking, Hardware and Software applications for DoD infrastructure systems.
- Experience with tactical networks and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and Microsoft Project).
- Familiar with security sensor / camera hardware, including communications, installation experience.
- Working knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, network topologies, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high- pressure environment with limited to no supervision.
- Able to work independently and efficiently with deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and communicate to all levels of customer and management.
- Must be physically willing to climb ladders, enter small access portals, and lift 50+ lbs.
- Must have an active SECRET Security Clearance.
- Travel 25%
- Initial on the job training will require 30 - 45 day system training and familiarization in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Operator/Maintainer training at OEM facilities (4X year for 1 week duration).
- Additional trips as new sensors and capabilities are added at OEM facilities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability