Job ID: 209875
Location: RESTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Client Engineer – Virtual/Remote Location. Position is 100% work from home and you may telecommute from anywhere in the United States.
SAIC has teamed with GSA to design, develop and support the evolution of the IT Service Delivery for the GSA Enterprise. GSA IT requires an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based solution that has an integrated, enterprise-wide focus to deliver shared IT Services in accordance with GSA IT’s governance structure and portfolio-based framework.
The Senior Client Engineer will provide administrative support for desktop/laptop client systems including: Group Policy management, drivers and patches; applications; device configuration management; automated software deployment support; “golden image" creation and compatibility; security compliance (including patching, encryption, configuration management, energy management, remote device management, and reporting/visibility) and supporting full lifecycle engineering resulting in solutions that are secure, effective, responsive, complete and efficient. In addition, the Senior Client Engineer will also take a leading role in coordination, tracking and management reporting of Workstation Vulnerability assessments and related mitigation planning/execution.
The Senior Client Engineer will be responsible for generating the most Innovative, Intuitive, and Integrated (I3) solutions that can be deployed to meet the workstation needs of GSA employees; and, creating the images that support GSA desktops/laptops that may connect directly to the GSA network and for the GSA IT Virtual Desktop (VDI) solution. The successful candidate must have deep technical experience in:
Software configuration management,
“Golden image” disk development and administration,
Active Directory Group Policies, and
Software deployment best practices.
The Senior Client Engineer will be expected to provide both technical mentorship as well as operational leadership to junior staff.
- Software administration support services across the GSA enterprise for agency-wide end-user computing platforms for desktops, laptops, and virtual devices;
- End user device configuration;
- Technical refresh and customer data migration from one device to another;
- Comprehensive support for GSA client applications on agency-provided hardware while providing best-effort support for user-owned devices;
- Automated software deployment to GSA user workstations via a standardized enterprise management solution;
- Testing of new hardware and software for possible deployment in the environment;
- Software delivery packages for the removal, replacement, and/or upgrading of applications and patches required on 10 or more workstations up to the enterprise level;
- (Creation of) the quarterly “golden image" that will be used on GSA’s physical client hardware.
QualificationsRequired Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and ten (10) years of IT experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- 7 years of experience supporting Windows Operating Systems
- Experience designing, creating, testing, and implementing an automated software deployment process
- Experience with determining relevance of new workstation vulnerability reports, mitigation planning and execution
- Strong experience with managing software and patch deployment using Bigfix
- Experience deploying Microsoft Office 365 in an enterprise environment and supporting transition to O365 from Office 20xx suite
- Experience configuring, securing, baselining, and documenting a Windows 10 “golden image"
- Experience with VB, Wise, and PowerShell scripting
- Experience in Active Directory Group Policies pertaining to User and Computer policies for workstations
- Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Experience in resolving software baseline replication and software configuration issues
- Candidate must be able obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
- ITIL® Foundations Level Certification
- MCSE and/or Microsoft Certification in one or more 365 disciplines
- Experience in software image management, software deployment, and best practices
- Familiarity with Principles and practice of system configuration management, Remote access Software. Familiarity with Windows Server, Unix, and or Linux OS
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and above average written and oral communications.
- Experience with the design and implementation of IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management is strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving
- Experience in providing ongoing incremental systems design and architectural consultation
- Familiarity with Excel and Google G-suite technologies
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability