Senior Network Engineer
A successful candidate will be part of a Dev/Sec/Ops team responsible for the conversion of NASA’s traditional campus networks into a state-of-the-art Software-Defined Network during an amazing period in NASA’s history. These networks support NASA’s Artemis Program (which will return Americans to the moon) and the Mars Exploration Program among many, many others.
- Planning for the transition of NASAs LANs from a traditional 3 layer campus architecture into a Software-Defined Architecture utilizing Cisco’s DNAC Appliance and Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Detailed design and implementation of the transition of both new and existing Cisco routers and switches into the SDA fabric.
- Management and support for NASA’s Enterprise Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) environment including over 40 appliances supporting all NASA centers.
- Hands-on post-implementation support of NASA’s SDA-driven LANs.
- BS Degree in related field with nine (9) years of related experience or Master's and seven (7) years of experience or a PhD and four (4) years of experience.
- 4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Candidate must have extensive experience with Cisco campus networks.
- The candidate must have a concrete working knowledge of LAN network design, routed data protocols and hardware platforms.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to develop technical guidance documents and multitasking between multiple ongoing projects to ensure customer requirements and timelines are met.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Advanced vendor certifications such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE.
- Experience with Cisco ISE and Cisco Software Defined Access (SDA).
- Additional experience supporting large-scale networks in an enterprise environment is preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability