Job ID: 209856
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2020
Subcategory: Policy Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
· The candidate will support the Directorate for Organizational Policy and and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic initiatives/documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reforms. The candidate will work on-site in the Pentagon.
· The duties will include interacting and building relationships with various DoD components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; authoring of technical papers; support to briefings and task development; and preparing reports for senior leadership.
· Supporting tracking and reporting on various govenance fora including the Deputy’s Management Action Group (DMAG), National Defense Strategy – Implementation (NDS-I), and the Defense Wide Review (DWR) among others.
· Assisting with preparing briefing material for senior leadership on organizational matters. and administration transition.
· Conducting ad-hoc research and analyzing mission-related issues.
· Preparation of briefings on findings of significance (favorable or unfavorable) related to office initiatives/proposals.
· Utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.Rapidly synthesize complex information for senior leader decision making.
· Current DoD Secret Clearance.
· Ability to obtain TS/SCI
· BA/BS in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field.
· This position requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
· Candidates must be comfortable communicating clearly with senior officials and senior staff.
· Candidates must have familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, governance or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government, military and/or private sector assignments.
· Excellent research and analytical skills.
· Committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
· Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint.
· Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
· Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead both individuals and teams.
· Knowledge in analyzing the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Executive process, congressional authorization and appropriations legislation, and development of DoD Policy Directives is preferred.
· Master’s Degree in a related field.
· No travel anticipated
· Military Base access required (Pentagon)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability