Job ID: 209833
Location: LANHAM, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking an Instrument Systems Engineer on the OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
This job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
Support Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Program serving to monitoring the efforts of the Advanced Technology Microwave Sounder (ATMS) flight instrument developer, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) during the execution of instrument build, test and on-orbit support of SNPP, JPSS-1, JPSS-2 and JPSS-3/4.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years related experience
- Background in Antenna and RF with frequency band K, Ka, V, W, and G for Space Flight technologies
- Experience with space flight system development practices and approaches is required
- Capable of performing a wide range of systems engineering activities
- Proficient using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Desire to continually learn. Excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with writing Excel Macros to aid in report generation
- Familiar with Microsoft Sharepoint and collaboration capabilities
- Experience with DOORS markup for requirement change
- 3 years of applicable direct experience with earth-observing instrument flight hardware
- Satellite launch experience
- Proven ability for consensus building and coordinate work across multiple areas simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and instills organization into the team
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple assignments
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability