SAIC is seeking a senior technical advisor to join our team of diverse GPS Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team. The GPS SE&I Team provides specialized engineering, analysis, operations support, and subject matter expertise to the SMC/GP Directorate and other GPS customers. The team also provides systems engineering and analysis services to include system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations, and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. Team members also provide an enterprise perspective for identification and review of risks and risk mitigation plans and work to institutionalize systems engineering best practices across the SMC/GP Directorate organization. Major duties of the position include:
- Directly supporting GPS leadership in developing strategic plans and concepts for GPS future programs and communicating GP Director objectives to DoD, AF and stakeholder senior leadership
- Develop strategic positions for GPS Director to communicate to higher headquarters the GP planned implementation of USSTRATCOM Warfighting Construct, AF Position, Navigation & Timing Strategic Plan, and AFSPC Space Enterprise Vision
- Aligning GPS strategic plans with DoD and AF enterprise vision, warfighter constructs and plans for Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) and GPS
- Identifying PNT and GPS capability gaps and developing architectural concepts and plans for delivering capabilities to operations/warfighters
- Capturing engineering, architecture, requirements and design concepts in support of PNT science & technology needs, experiments, prototypes and programs of records
- Conduct analysis of warfighting constructs, emerging requirements, and enabling technologies to recommend most viable strategic and technology vectors for increased GP resiliency, survivability, autonomy and cybersecurity
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor's in business or engineering with 14+ years of systems engineering experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with Space systems (especially at SMC), GPS, and ground and space system acquisition.
- GPS Acquisition experience.
- Program Management experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability