SAIC is seeking a Principal Software Testing Engineer in Charleston, SC to support SAIC’s health analytics/health informatics technologies team and build/implement breakthrough solutions that help improve healthcare delivery for millions of active, reserve and retired military and their beneficiaries worldwide. We’re seeking individuals who know and understand healthcare delivery, advanced health data analytics, healthcare electronic records end to end. We need experienced healthcare focused professionals who know and understand the importance of improving electronic healthcare records and healthcare records management.
The responsibilities of the Principal Software Testing Engineer can include:
- Develops and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach. Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walk through on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads.
- Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Creates automated test scripts for rapid regression testing and deployment.
- Documents and communicates test results.
- Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Documents and works to resolve all complex problems.
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Creates daily test metrics and reporting.
- Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Must have experience in one of the following testing frameworks: Mockito, Junit, Selenium
- Must have experience in one or more of the following databases: Mongo DB, SQL, NoSQL, NewSQL, PostgreSQL
- Prior experience working in the healthcare industry and familiarity with health terminology.
- Ability to work without appreciable direction and uses ingenuity and innovation to find solutions.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Understanding of HIPPAA Rules and Regulations.
- Experience in Health Systems Data such as Electronic Health Records (EHR) or Military Health (MHS) systems.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working on a Scrum Team
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies and Frameworks
- Previous experience with any of the following systems is highly preferred:
- Composite Health Care System – CHCS
- Surgical Scheduling System - S3
- Anesthesia Reporting Monitoring Device - ARMD
- Armed Forces health Longitudinal Technology Application -AHLTA/Clinical Data Repository - CDR
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability