SAIC is seeking a qualified Science and Technology Intelligence Analyst located in College Park, MD. The mission of The Joint Acquisition Protection and Exploitation Cell (JAPEC) is to protect the DoD’s Unclassified Controlled Technical Information (CTI) in order to preserve the technological advantage maintained by the DoD and U.S. Defense Industrial Base, and to recommend exploitation opportunities to deter, deny, and disrupt any attempts by our adversary’s to compromise that advantage. Intelligence Analyst in support of JAPEC’s mission will conduct intelligence and counterintelligence analysis to support JAPECs efforts to integrate and coordinate analysis to enable and inform Controlled Technical Information (CTI) protection efforts across the DoD enterprise.
The JAPEC Intelligence Analyst will effectively optimize existing CTI protection processes across the DoDs Acquisition Community, Counterintelligence (CI) and Law Enforcement (LE) communities, as well as the Intelligence Community (IC) to effectively develop and integrate new methodologies and practices, and CI and LE strategies to enhance DoDs program/technology protection efforts
This position requires a tenacious individual with strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, and writing skills with a high degree of personal initiative and attention to detail. A successful candidate will conduct analysis to identify and recommend enhanced program protection measures and risk mitigation strategies to DoDs critical acquisition programs and technologies.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Nominating acquisition programs/technologies for inclusion on the DoD’s Critical Programs and Technologies (CP&T) list
• Analyzing technology/program security vulnerabilities and translating related CI analysis into actionable intelligence enabling exploitation opportunities by appropriate LE and CI communities;
• Developing and Integrating appropriate counterintelligence analysis in support of OUSD Research and Engineering (USD R&E) sponsored Technology Area Protection Plans (TAPPs); synchronizing intelligence collection requirements to alleviate identified intelligence gaps related to the TAPPs
• Providing inputs to Joint Collection, Analysis, and Production Plan for horizontal threats to critical and cross cutting technologies
• Working collaboratively with the government and business groups to ensure a consistent and integrated approach is applied to product development that aligns to the overall security mandates.
• Supporting Intelligence Collection requirements in support of program protection efforts
• Conducting threat analysis linking intelligence, acquisition, engineering/technical information
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Top Secret / SCI
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant intelligence and counterintelligence experience, to include the following types and amounts of work experience:
• Minimum of 7 years of CI experience, to include the following types and amounts of work experience:
- All Source Analysis Business Intelligence experience
- Minimum of 3 years of supporting Vulnerability assessments and security/program protection.
- Science and Technical intelligence: Collection requirements generation
- Military Department Production Centers (e.g. NGIC, MSIC,NASIC,ONI, ACIC, MCIA)
- Offensive Counterintelligence Analysis and Production
- Intelligence or Counterintelligence support to Research Development & Acquisitions (RDA) Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) Advanced Persistent Threat (APT)
- Experience conducting Open Source Intelligence
- Foreign Owned, Controlled, or Interest assessments
• Graduate Degree desired
• Military experience desired
• Familiarity with Palantir is highly desirable
• Experience developing OSD Policy
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability