SAIC is looking for a LAN Network Analyst for their NASA NICS contract in Huntsville, AL.
- This job is in a 24X7 Network Operation Center that is responsible for managing a nationwide routing/switching network for a high profile government customer.
- The candidate must be flexible to working 1st, 2nd and weekends shifts
- This consists of implementation of new service and Incident/Problem resolution via remote management methods for local area network equipment at customer locations across the United States.
- The selected individual will be a part of a group and responsible for the management of task and Incident queues and to work with remote technicians and customers to complete work and maintain appropriate work detail log entries.
- The technology is primarily CISCO based, but does include other vendors such as ARUBA and Juniper.
- The candidate will be required to exhibit knowledge in the following areas:
- Routing protocols
- Switching technologies
- Spanning-tree e.g. MST, RSTP
- VLANs, Trunks
- Wireless technologies
- e.g. WPA, EAP, RADIUS, RF technologies
- VPN technology
- e.g. Cisco Any Connect, Certificate based Authentication
- The candidate will be required to resolve complex problems through the use of troubleshooting tools e.g. Network Analyzer, Wireshark and critical thinking.
- Cisco Nexus Series Switches – 1-2 years of experience
- Unix – 1-3 years of experience
- TACACS / RADIUS – 1-3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of the following tool are considered a plus
- Remedy, CA Spectrum, Cisco Prime, Aruba Air Wave
- CCNA or equivalent preferred, CCNP desired
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree and 5+ years related experience
- 4 years of experience is acceptable in lieu of a Degree.
- Professional Technical Certification is preferred
Security Clearance Requirements:
- US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability