Job ID: 209482
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a software engineer focused more on DevOps in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
· Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
· Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
· Provides software development support to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including support of both the development and execution of a transition plan
· Work closely with other teams understanding the current CI/CD setup in place and contribute to innovation of the existing processes in place.
· Supports research and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
· Ensures a focus on incorporation of high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations
· Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills.
· Hands on experience working with various DevOps technologies and frameworks to build Continuous Integration and Delivery platform.
· Experience working with Ant and Maven build scripting.
· Experience setting up CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, CodeShip or other frameworks.
· Experience in developing quality software products and shipping production ready software.
· Experience in building applications in Java using Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
· Good understanding of agile methodologies.
· Experience in building web applications using technologies like React JS or Angular JS.
· Minimum 9 years of work experience with BA/BS degree or 5 years of work experience with Master’s degree.
· Experience working in fast paced Agile Environment and familiarity with tools like Rally and JIRA.
· Experience building web-services using SOAP and REST.
· Experience with Database Consolidation and/or Separation, Data Migration from one Storage Platform to another
· Experience with Cloud Migration, Implementation, AWS Services, FedRAMP, System Integration capability
· Experience with automation technologies like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Selenium, Jenkins, Nexus, and Docker.
· AWS certifications or Java certifications is a plus.
Location: Alexandria, VA and possible remote
Clearance: Able to obtain Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability