Job ID: 209480
Location: ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2020
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Solutions Archt
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a solution architect in support of a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
· Provide enterprise architecture expertise and significant technology and domain expertise to translate the enterprise's strategy for legacy system upgrade/migration to the desired future state including development of a transition plan
· Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, for example: business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement.
· Interacts at a variety of points within the customer organization and program governance processes to assist in implementation of the established transition plan
· Researches and advises on the analysis of alternatives in the determination of upgrade, refactor, or other solution recommendations.
· Ensures a focus on incorporation of high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations
· Conducts reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure compliance with transition plan and approach.
· Provides oversight for the development and transition plans
· Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter experts and other architect leads to ensure consistent application of customer mission objectives are met
· Tasks may include developing data models for optimal performance in databases; designing data structures for data interchange; developing metadata structures including dictionaries, taxonomies and ontologies.
· Leveraging domain expertise, develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete solution meeting all technical requirements and staffing needs for implementation of the transition plan.
· Provides subject matter expertise to meet customer technical, schedule and cost requirements.
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Experience in performing Analysis of Alternatives (AoA)
· Minimum of 14 years of experience
· Minimum of BA/BS degree
· Must have expertise in a minimum of two of the following skill groups:
o OS and Virtualization: HP-UX/AIX/Linux, Windows, Amazon AMI, VMWare, RHEV
o Database: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Datastax
o Servers: Cisco UCS, HP, Dell, IBM
o Platform/Middleware: JBOSS, Websphere, Apache, Tomcat, SOLR
o Monitoring: Splunk, AppDynamics, TeamQuest, HP Openview
o Programming Languages: Java, .NET, and C++
· Experience with Database Consolidation and/or Separation, Data Migration from one Storage Platform to another
· Experience with Certification & Accreditation (C&A) process, Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M)
· Experience with Cloud Migration, Implementation, AWS Services, FedRAMP, System Integration capability
· Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Rational ClearQuest/ClearCase, Rally, Subversion, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar, Crystal Reports
· Experience with automation technologies to include Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Selenium, Jenkins, Nexus, and Docker
· Experience working on fast paced Agile Environment, and ability to manage and proactively take on work and deliver.
· Current or prior Public Trust or other clearance preferable
Location: Alexandria, VA and possible remote
Clearance: Public Trust
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability