Job ID: 209359
Location: HERNDON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2020
Subcategory: SW Testing
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Technical Tester (Senior) to join our team in Herndon, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC and CBP.
9 years minimum hands-on experience in software testing, creation and implementation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Manual Test Cases and Automated Test Scripts.
Experience in backend testing is a prerequisite. Prior experience as a developer is a plus.
Specific day to day test engineering duties include, but not limited to:
• Developing test scripts
• Generating test data
• Data Validation
• Web service testing
• Data interface message testing preferably with XML message set
• Developing SQL or Unix scripts for test data generation or test harness automation
• Execute regression, functional, and system testing
• Verifying results and producing test summaries and defect reports
• Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies
• Generating defect change requests and reporting discrepancies
Required Skills and Education
• Strong SQL development skills (preferably PL-SQL) and solid understanding of relational databases especially testing in a large database.
• Ability to understand data models and write test scripts based on the data model
• Good understanding of Linux operating system and basic shell scripting.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with any one of the following Test Management Software (HP Mercury suite of tools –QuickTestPro, Test Director.
• Evaluate test results, report and manage defects.
• BS degree and 9 years minimum experience or combination of education and experience.
• Experience in all stages of application testing, including backend testing, functional, usability, regression, load/stress and performance testing
• Experience with integration level testing, requiring ability to work with both big picture & in-depth domain knowledge.
• Proven ability to develop, execute and maintain automated test suites across multiple environments: Back end applications , Web and Web Services, desktop, and
• Web Service testing using Soap UI with basic XML knowledge
• Ability to define and generate meaningful test metrics
• Prior experience in a software development arena is a plus.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical project members.
• Experience with XML a plus.
• Experience working in an agile development process is a plus.
• Clearance - Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work
• Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
• LOCATION: Herndon, VA
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability