SAIC is looking for a well-qualified Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join an exciting program in Springfield, Virginia. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn while supporting the Information Technology Operations and Maintenance Server Team; providing enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available server technology solutions.
The diverse *nix server-based solutions include a variety of major technology vendors including AIS, Microsoft, RedHat, Splunk, Tenable, ServiceNow, and SolarWinds with a majority of the Linux-hosted enterprise services running on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). The Systems Administrator will support the mid-level internal escalation tier(s) providing troubleshooting support and remediation guidance for the Server System, Application, and Services in a timely manner. Additionally, the candidate will contribute to the production and maintenance of documentation for the Server Team’s solution system(s), sub-system(s), and component(s) deployed and in use in the Activity’s IT Solutions portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, processes and procedures, workflows, run books, and all other area of server system life-cycle planning.
Job responsibilities include the installation, configuration, securing and hardening, testing, sustainment, upgrading, remediation, and decommissioning across the IT enterprise’s multi-platform information systems.
- An active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
- The ability to successfully complete a U.S. Government polygraph;
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriately computer-related field from an accredited university, [OR] one of the following certifications:
- The CompTIA A+CE certification,
- The CompTIA Network+CE certification,
- The CompTIA Security+CE (preferred) certification, or
- The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC2) Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification; and
- Eight (8) or more years of relative experience in systems administration, engineering, or technical support
- Five (5) or more years of hands-on experience providing operations and maintenance support of Linux-based enterprise server operating systems (primarily RHEL) and server applications and services, such as Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, Puppet, etc., hosted on platforms of varying size and complexity (LAN, MAN, WAN, etc.).
- Three (3) or more years experience installing, configuring, tuning, securing, operating, and maintaining Red Hat Satellite as the infrastructure management solution to keep deployed production RHEL environments running efficiently, securely and compliant within an enterprise production environment. Working knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Red Hat Satellite 6.3 or newer is a plus.
- Three (3) or more years of experience operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Three (3) or more years of personal and hands-on experience planning, implementing, configuring, documenting, and maintaining Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) configurations, to include Multi Category Security (MCS) and Multi Level Security (MLS), on supported Linux platforms, to include RHEL.
- Experience providing operations and maintenance support to third-party anti-viral and anti-malware products installed on RHEL platforms.
- Experience understanding and applying vendor guidance and best practices to securely implement, configure and support the use of an established Microsoft Active Directory as a centralized identity and authentication solution for supported Linux platforms, with focus on RHEL.
- Experience monitoring deployed production Linux platforms for performance, availability, and/or security degradation, issues, problems, and/or risks and proactively recommending platform tuning, maintenance, upgrades, or other appropriate correct or remediate them before they impact the business, mission function, or end-user directly.
- Experience authoring, testing, troubleshooting, and implementing scripted technologies, such as Microsoft PowerShell or Linux, Bash, Perl, Python, etc., to automate and orchestrate routine operations and maintenance duties and responsibilities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability