SAIC is seeking a Sr. Principal Cyber Engineer to architect, plan, configure, deploy, maintain, and upgrade COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls.
- This position will apply a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Includes security control design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level, security-in-depth/defense-in-depth, and other related IAM/ISSO/ISSE support functions.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Researches and evaluates cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy, and to support the offensive and defensive capability design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- This position is a senior technical staff dedicated to transforming customer environments into a more secure operating environment in a holistic manner.
- This position will apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly is required
- Experience providing technical / management leadership on major tasks or technology
- Experience in establishing goals and plans
that meet project objectives.
and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client.
- Experience with having overall responsibility for
financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical
requirements are met.
- Proven experience with client negotiations and interfacing with senior management.
- Experience leading a team.
- Requires one of the following educational degrees from an
accredited institution in an area applicable to the position, and the following
minimum years of relevant experience in addition to education level:
- Associate’s Degree - 10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree - 8 years of experience
- Master’s Degree - 6 years of experience
- PhD - 4 years of experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability