Job ID: 209263
Location: LIMA, LIM, Peru
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2020
Subcategory: Military Operations
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Senior Advisor to support the U.S. Department of State’s Global Defense Reform Program (GDRP) embedded within the Peruvian Ministry of Defense (MOD). The senior advisor will be responsible in assisting the Peruvian MOD develop their interagency coordination capacity.
The Global Defense Reform Program (GDRP) is a new defense reform capacity building program funded by the Department of State in close coordination with the Department of Defense that seeks to assist partner nations’ security forces with providing security in an effective, transparent, and accountable manner to civilian authorities, while advancing U.S. national security objectives.
Key Strategic Areas of Interest for this position are in the Defense/Security Institutions Capacity Development sector. Specifically the Advisor will assist the partner nation’s MOD with building capacity in some of these areas:
· Military/Joint Staff coordination and planning
· Interagency coordination and cooperation
· Legislative affairs and coordination
· Military justice and legal counsel
· Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs (HA) interagency coordination
· Public affairs and information management
· Law Enforcement (LE) coordination
· Inspector General (IG) institutions
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide advice related to organizational development, interagency cooperation, and training programs to assist MOD interagency coordination capacity development.
· Develop plans and strategies to forge interagency partnerships in international environments.
· Assess training needs and requirements for effective implementation. Provide policy, operations analysis, recommendations, and reports.
· Participate in senior level meetings, seminars, and exercises to provide expert level military input to help maintain and develop the ability to respond to emerging issues appropriately.
· Lead overseas assessments of host nation MOD capacity in GDRP area of focus, as well as assess the impact of planned or current programmatic activities and propose remedial actions. Draft memos and reports to provide expert analysis regarding MOD programs and assessments.
· Maintain knowledge of contemporary, professional military operational and management principles, techniques, and issues, and recommend which are appropriate for international application.
· Draft memos and reports to provide expert analysis regarding interagency coordination programs and assessments.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelors and eight (8) years or more of related experience; Masters and six (6) years or more experience.
· Must have reached, at a minimum, the rank of O-5 in the military or equivalent (i.e. FS-02/GS-14) in a civilian capacity.
· Six (6) years of experience with interagency coordination.
· Prior demonstrated experience in a joint operating environment.
· U.S. citizen with either a Security Clearance or a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) Certification or the ability to be granted either will be required.
· Medical requirements will be defined at the Task Order level, where applicable.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability