SAIC has a need for a Sr. Avionics Systems Engineer to provide engineering support at Systems Simulation Software and Integration (S3I) to implement a reconfigurable Avionics System Integration Laboratory (ASIL) in Huntsville, AL.
- Candidate will assist in the integration, and testing of hardware and software for evaluation and certification of modifications to commercial and military tactical avionics for Special Electronic Mission Aircraft (SEMA).
- In a team environment, the candidate will support the integration of commercial and military avionics hardware, test equipment, and software mission equipment components into existing aircraft configurations and future development.
- Direct experience with aviation and/or weapons hardware considered a plus.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BS in a technical field (preferably in Electrical Engineering or related field) and 14+ years of experience; four (4) years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree
MUST have an Interim Secret to start & able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- 14+ years system engineering experience in laboratory test/development environment
- Experience integrating COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) equipment with hardware
- Develop technical package (Schematics, drawings, bill of materials, etc.)
- Experience developing Test Plans and Procedures
- Experience developing automated test scripts and LabVIEW
- Experience creating software and hardware requirements, design, interface and test documentation and analysis of test results
- Experience producing Test Reports.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
- Estimated Travel: <10%
- Clearance: Secret clearance is required to perform this work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Working knowledge/Use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with ARINC 429
- Experience working with 1553
- Experience working with Flight Management Systems, EGIs, ARC RTs, and IFF transponders
- Commercial Test Experience
- Experience working with Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) test environments
- Experience with using Jira and Confluence
- Experience with test & integration of avionics
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability