SAIC is currently looking to hire a Senior OS Developer to join the MCE team located in Huntsville, AL (Redstone Arsenal).
The MCE system is being developed by the Army, with SAIC as the Prime Contractor, as a direct replacement for the currently fielded Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) system. It will be a state of the art battle command information system that provides integrated, on-the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes. It is being built from the ground up using the latest Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) technology hosted on a customized, hardened Linux/Android Hybrid Operating System.
MCE ATAK is a map-based Situational Awareness (SA) software application for Android platforms (smart phones, tablets, etc.) that provides non-satellite type Blue Force Tracking (BFT) and tactical capabilities for Special Operations Forces (SOF).
- Candidates should have a working knowledge of the Linux OS. Be familiar with bash scripting, system daemons, and the Linux / UNIX file system. Be capable of using terminal commands, the VI editor, and GDB debugger tool.
- Candidates should have an understanding of the Android OS. Understand Broadcast Receivers, Broadcast Intents, and the manifest file. Be capable of using Android Studio, the Android SDK to build APKs. Be able use ADB to push and execute APKs on the system.
- Candidates should be familiar with using a debugger to perform simple operations such as setting breakpoints, single stepping, and examining variable values.
- Candidates will be expected to understand the software development life cycle, be familiar with UML, and use standard UML diagrams in application and design documentation
- Candidates will be expected to work in an agile environment, and have the ability to plan, design, build, and test software components with minimal direction.
- Candidates will be expected to break down software tasks into small clearly defined components, which can be coded and tested incrementally.
- Candidates will be expected to develop unit test strategies on components they have been assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and five (5) years related experience
MUST be able to obtain a Secret Security clearance; Active clearance preferred
- Java, Java Application Development
- C, C++ Application Development
- Linux OS (RHEL)
- Bash shell is a plus
- Python is a plus
- Android OS
- DI2E tool suite: GiT, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence,
- Build systems/tools: Jenkins, BitBake, Gradle, Lunch
- IDEs: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Android Studio
- Scripting languages: Bash, Python
- Working on large defense related projects
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability