Job ID: 209150
Location: SUITLAND, MD, United States
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
DescriptionSAIC is seeking an experienced Windows System Administrator to begin an exciting and challenging career supporting NOAA. This position will install new software releases and system upgrades as well as evaluate and install patches and resolve software-related problems. Work after hours and at other NOAA facilities may be required periodically.
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience equivalent.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
• Experience managing Windows Domain Controllers and Active Directory
• Experience using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) patch server
• Experience implementing Group Policy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Highly detail-oriented and productivity-oriented
• Organized, timely, and customer service-oriented
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
• Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Government experience preferred
• Experience with the following software preferred: o Powershell o SolarWinds o TripWire o VMware ESXi o SCCM
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
• United States Citizenship
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability